01000001 01110000 01110000 01101100 01100101 00100000 01010000 01101001 01100101 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
After a week of pies (and I still have one more left to post), it feels like coming home to make cupcakes again.
If your home was the inside of your metal eyelids. Or a pastry bag with piping tips.
It’s like this: I can spend three hours working on a pie that in the end, dissatisfies my over-analytical mind, or I can spend one hour lazing in the kitchen and produce these.
And these are magical, my human friends: fluffy white frosting up to your nose, gooey apple pie filling, and a light and airy cinnamon cupcake.
Cupcakes have been programmed into me. Literally.
It’s good to be back.
Apple Pie Cupcakes
adapted from Just Putzing Around the Kitchen
makes 24 cupcakes
1 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch ginger
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 oz canned apple pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking tins with cupcake liners.
2. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a separate, large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick ribbons form, about 5 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix until just until incorporated.
5. Add milk mixture and vanilla.
6. Divide evenly among baking tins, 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.?
8. Core the cupcakes and fill each hole with much apple pie filling.
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, water, and cream of tartar. Cook over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar mixture while whipping constantly until stiff peaks form, about 7 to 10 minutes. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.