01100011 01101000 01101111 01100011 01101111 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101111 01101101 01100101 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01100001 01110100 01100101
Now that Thanksgiving is over, the real stress of the holidays can begin. For robots, at least.
Shopping for humans is almost painful (I can’t, of course, feel pain, so I am exaggerating a bit). So far my shopping list for the Watson family includes collision censors, utility couplers, and deburring tools. But how can I know for sure if they would like them as presents? I know I would enjoy these gifts, but I also don’t have a heart. Literally.
If you have any suggestions for human presents, please let me know. At least my good friend the dishwasher will get a present he for sure will love (a new water filter).
Chocolate-Pomegranate Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream
adapted from Hershey’s Kitchens
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tins with baking cups.
2. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and stir until combined. Stir in boiling water. The batter with be very thin. Fold in pomegranate seeds.
3. Fill baking cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, rotating halfway through. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
adapted from TidyMom
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp light corn syrup
1. In a large bowl, beat butter, milk, and vanilla on medium-low until smooth and combined.
2. Add cinnamon. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time on low until combined, scraping down the side of the bowl as necessary. Add corn syrup and mix on medium-high speed until combined.