01100111 01101001 01101110 01100111 01100101 01110010 01100010 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01100011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
The first snow of the season has fallen here in the Ozarks and I have been relegated to shoveling the frozen precipitation for the entire neighborhood.
And that’s fine. I have a shovel attachment for both feet so really all I have to do is walk up and down driveways and streets.
My only complaint: no one brings me hot chocolate or coffee for clearing their driveway like they do in commercials. I thought commercials accurately reflected human life?
And yes, coffee would short-circuit my internal computer, but this is the season of giving, isn’t it?
No matter. I’ll make my own hot chocolate to not drink.
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream
adapted from Bobby Flay
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
6 tbsp molasses
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line a cupcake tin with baking liners and spray the inside of each liner and the top of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves into a medium bowl.
3. Mix melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and molasses in a large bowl. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, stirring until just combined, then add 1/2 of the water, alternating so you end on the flour mixture.
4. Fill each baking liner 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
from Real Mom Kitchen
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
6 cups powdered sugar
1/4 orange juice
1 tsp grated orange zest
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Add 2 cups of sugar, mixing until combined. Mix in the orange juice and the zest, until smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly add in the remaining 2 cups of sugar until it reaches the desired consistency.