01000110 01101100 01110101 01100110 01100110 01111001 00100000 01010110 01100001 01101110 01101001 01101100 01101100 01100001 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
I can explain my week of absence. And I can blame it on my sous chef, Ingrid the Kitten.
Ingrid, or Ingy, is currently teething. And what better way to soothe her aching mouth than by latching onto my metal arms and not letting go?
Which is exactly what she did. And is currently doing as I type this from the word processor in my brain.
Unfortunately, last week Ingrid bit too deep into my metal plating and chewed a wire. She is okay, but it short-circuited my internal computer system. So I was out for a few days.
Ingrid felt really bad about the whole incident. So she made these cupcakes for me to share with you. She hopes you enjoy them.
Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes
adapted from Betty Crocker’s Picture Cook Book
makes 24 cupcakes
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups sugar
2-1/4 cups flour
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with baking liners.
2. Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine water, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Add 1/2 of the milk mixture. Alternate with the flour and milk mixtures, ending with the flour, mixing until just combined. Fold in egg whites until combined.
5. Fill cupcakes liners half full. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, rotating half way through. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
from Taste of Home
2 cups shortening
1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1 tsp almond extract
1 package (32 oz) powdered sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup water
Food coloring (optional)
1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, creamer and extract together until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Add enough water until frosting reaches desired consistency. Add food coloring (optional).