22. 01. 2012

01001101 01100101 01111001 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01100101 01101101 01101111 01101110 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101111 01101011 01101001 01100101 01110011

Robots rarely encounter lemons. It’s odd for a robot to come into contact with any fruit, for that matter.

I, on the other hand, think about fruit all of the time. I’ve been trying to use fruits as they are season – many of which I’ve never used before, like cranberries, persimmons, and Meyer lemons.

I think of lemons and consequently, lemon cookies, as a treat for summer, but Meyer lemons are in season now, and consequently, on sale.

These cookies are not for sharing. If you bring a batch of these into a room with other people… they will be gone in two minutes. Unless it’s a room of robots. But that’s unlikely, because robots rarely encounter lemons.

This recipe makes 2 dozen delicious cookies. Check it out at Sophistimom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lemon Pumpkin Bars
Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes

8 Responses to “Chewy Meyer Lemon Cookies”

1. Nydia says:

These sound great. Thanks for another great recipe with the uplifting flavor and scent of lemon.

2. Jan says:

I was disappointed in these…overwhelmingly tasted the honey more than the lemon.
    Good as a bisquit with tea; I would not make again.

• Cybidon says:

I’m sorry to hear that! It’s been a long time since I’ve made these but I do remember them to be very… well… chewy and lemony. I could suggest reducing the honey but then I wouldn’t want you to lose any of the chewy texture. I’m sorry you had such ill luck with these cookies.

3. Jennifer says:

Meyer lemons are not seen everyday in any of my Southern gourmet or regular markets, so I was extremely unimpressed with the generic taste of nothing with this recipe. I used high quality German honey which was a waste in the cookie. I put a tart lemon w powdered sugar glaze on the second batch, which was much better yet still just a sugar cookie. Overall I would say this is not a strong cookie recipe to highlight the wonderful zest and flavor of this seasonal lemon!

• Cybidon says:

Thanks for commenting on your experience. I made these again tonight (with Meyer lemons) and they’re just as delicious as I remember them to be. I’m sorry the cookies didn’t turn out as you expected! I can’t say why we are having different results because I don’t understand it, to be honest. I hope you find a chewy lemon cookie recipe you really enjoy soon. :)

4. Kat Marsen says:

Horrible recipe, these things are like floppy soggy pancakes. Bad robot forgot a few ingredients! First of all, note that the recipe doesn’t indicate any baking soda/powder. (Also, adding the soda to the lemon is just to take the bite out of it– that soda won’t help the cookies– something further would be needed.) No eggs either, which is very strange for a cookie recipe!

I’d ignore the malfunctional robot… just make sugar cookies from a decent recipe then add lemon to them.

• Cybidon says:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I’m sorry you didn’t have as much success as I have with these cookies. Check out the original recipe at Sophistimom. It’s linked back up in the post.