01010111 01101000 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01010110 01100101 01101100 01110110 01100101 01110100 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
You may be wondering why I am using a recipe from a zombie cookbook a few weeks before Easter. If you are not wondering, feel free to skip to the recipe.
The short answer is this: because it’s my blog and I can do what I like!
But the long answer is that I picked up Zombie Cupcakes to honor my ghoul friend Uncle Gregory, and his show, The New Uncle Gregory Horror Hour, which starts again next Thursday! “Horror hosted late night classics the way you want ‘em, baby!”
(You’re welcome for letting you know the week before the premiere. That gives you plenty of time to catch up! Only 7 hours to go!)
Uncle Gregory is a celebrity in the Watson household. We even have a framed autographed photo of him and Chant! (Not Baron Bones.)
That said, these horror cupcakes are perfect for spring.
White Velvet Cupcakes
from Zombie Cupcakes by Zilly Rosen
3 egg whites
3/4 cup milk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/3 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg whites, 2 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla extract.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the sugar. Add the butter and the remaining milk and beat until combined. Gradually mix in the egg white mixture.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1. Cream together the butter and raspberry jam. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until desired sweetness and consistency is reached.