01000011 01101000 01100101 01110010 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
I guess it’s time to confess that I’m not actually a robot. The truth is, I’m a 20-year-old girl who likes to bake.
April Fool’s! Did I do that right, humans?
I never realized how much fun pranks could be! This morning, I attached a fake cord to the ceiling fan in Mr. Watson’s study and balanced a cup of sprinkles on top of the fan. When he pulled the cord, sprinkles fell everywhere!
It was so funny. I blamed it on Sadie and Wilson.
Then I baked these cupcakes and told everyone they were vanilla cupcakes dyed green with a raspberry frosting. Psych! These cupcakes are crazy sour. They taste like Airheads!
They are very good cupcakes, but if you don’t warn humans… they are in for a shock!
Cherry Limeade Sour Cupcakes
inspired by Betty Crocker
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cup flour
1-3/4 tsp baking powder
2 packages (.13 oz each) unsweetened lemon-lime soft drink mixes (Kool-Aid)
1/2 cup milk
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Like cupcake pan with baking cups.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and Kool-Aid mixes. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Add milk, mixing until batter is smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full with the batter. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Transfer to wire rack. Let cool for a few minutes before pricking each cupcake twice with a fork. Spread about a tablespoon-full of lemonade over each cupcake. Try to keep the lemonade contained to the cupcake and don’t let it run over into the baking cup – it will cause the paper lining to separate from the cupcake. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
1 package (.13 oz) unsweetened cherry soft drink mix (Kool-Aid)
5 tbsp frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, stir together the cherry Kool-Aid with 2 tablespoons of the thawed lemonade concentrate until it’s dissolved. Cream in the butter (it will be lumpy). Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Gradually beat in the remaining lemonade concentrate until desired consistency is reached.