01010011 01110100 01110010 01100001 01110111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110010 01111001 00100000 01000010 01100001 01101110 01100001 01101110 01100001 00100000 01000010 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100
Sometimes a robot can get overwhelmed and not know what to say.
Despite the fact that my brain is a computer, and as such I have instant access to every word in every language, sometimes I still find myself at a loss.
Here are some examples of what humans say that might shock me into silence:
“Cybidon, that chrome coat makes you look fat.”
“Wanna try a bite of this delicious cheesecake?”
“Death to all robots!”
Another thing that recently shocked me into silence was this strawberry banana bread.
Not because of the taste (see: “wanna try a bite of this delicious cheesecake?”) but at least because I can see with my own two eyes how pretty it is. And incredibly easy to make.
Strawberry Banana Bread
from Joy the Baker
1/2 cup (1 stick) browned butter (cooled)
2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup buttermilk
1-1/4 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup diced strawberries, + 1 strawberry very thinly sliced, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Stir in mashed bananas. Add browned butter.
4. Stir the wet batter into the dry ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in diced strawberries.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and top with the thinly sliced strawberries. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes before inverting to cool completely.