01000111 01110010 01100101 01101110 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
I always thought grenadine was cherry flavored. (Perhaps I can blame my ignorance on a lack of taste buds?) If you were to imagine my surprise when I found out it’s actually pomegranate, it would look like this:
Yeah, robots have eyebrows. Just because I’m a robot doesn’t mean I’m hairless!* What’s wrong with you?!
Originally I tried to use homemade grenadine, and I don’t know why, as I’ve tried to make pomegranate molasses before and it was a disaster. So naturally my first foray into grenadine was a mess as well. And anyway, store bought grenadine gave the cupcakes a lovely pink color. Win win!
I really despise standing over the stove, watching the pomegranate juice boil down, mostly because the steam always fogs my windshield. Do you know how many bottles of Windex I go through to keep my face clean? It’s more expensive than your human face wash, I’ll tell you that.
*Actually I am hairless. I use Sharpies every morning and draw them back on, because the aforementioned Windex wipes it right off.
from Sally’s Smorsels
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup Sprite
3 oz grenadine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in Sprite. Add remaining flour mixture to batter, mixing until just combined. Stir in grenadine.
4. Fill baking cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
from Savory Sweet Life
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
1. In a large bowl, cream butter. Add powdered sugar gradually until completely combined. Add salt and vanilla extract. Stir in milk. Add more powdered sugar or milk depending on your desired consistency.