01000011 01101000 01101111 01100011 01101111 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01010111 01101000 01101111 01101111 01110000 01101001 01100101 00100000 01010000 01101001 01100101 01110011
Whoopie pies just sound happy, don’t they?
Like, when I think “whoopie pies” in my head, it sort of sounds like a little girl squealing “whooooooooooooopie!!!” and then “pies” like… just regular “pies.”
So whoopie pies make humans happy. Know what makes humans even happier? Chocolate chip whoopie pies.
Now in my head it goes “CHOCOLATE CHIP whooooooooooooopie!!! pies.”
A lot of things make humans happy. You homo sapiens are very simple to please. The cool underside of the pillow. A handwritten letter in the mail from a friend. Making someone laugh. A particularly pretty sunset. Chocolate chip whoopie pies with banana buttercream.
“CHOCOLATE CHIP whooooooooooooopie!!! pies WITH BANANA BUTTERCREAM OMG WHAT WHAT OMG DID YOU SAY BANANA BUTTERCREAM IN A CHOCOLATE CHIP WHOOPIE PIE OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG LIFE IS GOOD.”
That, my human friends, is literally the reaction you will receive when you present them these easy! delicious! whooooooooooooopie!!! pies.
2-1/4 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
4 tbsp shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper (or Silpat!).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and shortening. Add both sugars. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in buttermilk.
4. In a small bowl, combine the milk, baking soda, and vinegar. Add both the flour mixture and milk mixture to the batter, mixing until just combined. Stir in vanilla extract. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, evenly space 12 scoops of batter onto your cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the cookies start to brown and spring back when pressed lightly in the center. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
from Southern Food
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/4 tsp white vinegar
4 cups powdered sugar
yellow food gel (optional)
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and salt. In a separate small bowl, combine mashed bananas and vinegar. Add the banana mixture to the butter, then gradually add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Stir in 1 to 2 drops of yellow food gel.
2. Match whoopie pie pairs together by size. Pipe or spread buttercream into the center of one pie, then gently sandwich the second pie on top.