15. 11. 2012

01000010 01110101 01110100 01110100 01100101 01110010 01100110 01101001 01101110 01100111 01100101 01110010 00100000 01010010 01101001 01100011 01100101 00100000 01001011 01110010 01101001 01110011 01110000 01101001 01100101 01110011

I have an announcement to make: The Baking Robot is going to be renamed The Butterfinger Robot. Because it looks like I just can’t get enough.

Rice Krispies Treats are already soft and chewy, but the melted candy corn and peanut just takes the texture to a whole new level. Have you ever eaten a Butterfinger flavored cloud?

Well, that’s really not comparable to this. I mean, maybe if this was Butterfinger flavored cotton candy. But these are really soft and chewy, more so than regular Rice Krispies Treats.

This makes me wonder… do you think a cloud would even be chewy? Cotton candy isn’t really chewy. It melts. A cloud would melt, right? Would it be like eating lukewarm snow? If anybody out there has ever eaten a cloud, please let me know what it tasted like. My internal Google searches aren’t pulling anything up at all.

Coming soon: Butterfinger cotton candy.

Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats
adapted from Kellog’s

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup candy corn
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 package (10 oz) marshmallows
1/2 tsp salt
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups chocolate chips
2 tsp vegetable oil
8 fun size Butterfingers, crushed

1. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.

2. Melt the candy corn in the microwave in thirty-second intervals. Once melted, stir in peanut butter.

3. In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows, stirring until completely melted. Stir in candy corn and peanut butter mixture. Add salt.

4. Gently fold in Rice Krispies. When the cereal is completely coated, transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish, pressing the cereal down firmly into the dish.

5. Melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave in thirty-second intervals. Spread the mixture over the top of the Rice Krispies treats. Sprinkle crushed Butterfingers over the chocolate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Cap'n Crunch Cupcakes
Pumpkin & White Chocolate Cookies

27 Responses to “Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats”

1. ??? says:

HAPPY PINNING!

2. Emilee says:

I tried this and was stumped at the first step. When I microwaved the candy corn, it solidified to the container . . . there was no mixing it with the peanut butter possible. Help!

• Cybidon says:

Hmm! That’s tricky! What sort of container did you use to melt the candy corn? I used a large glass measuring cup. Maybe you could try microwaving it for longer periods of time (no more than 1 minutes intervals, though, I wouldn’t think) to get it more smooth and stirrable?

3. Kristi says:

Can I leave the candy corn out or substitute something else???

• Cybidon says:

The candy corn + peanut butter combo is what makes the Butterfinger flavor! If you leave the candy corn out you’ll just have peanut butter Rice Krispies, which are good too! :)

4. Eliza Silva says:

What if its that time of year when there isn’t any candy corn to be found? I would really love to try this. Isn’t there anything that can be substituted for the candy corn?

• Diane says:

you can find the candy corn at convienent stores (7-11, Tom Thumb , Circle K, etc) in bags down the candy isle. Also might try Dollar General, Walgreens, CVS. Hope this helps. :o)

5. Traci says:

So I just made this and 6c of rice crispier can not be right

6. Dana says:

Did you use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips?

7. Gabe says:

I must have done something wrong, because I ended up with a rock hard treat that needs a chainsaw to cut. I had the same issue with the candy corn solidifying. Should the candy corn/peanut butter mixture be smooth and runny or dry and pasty before you mix it with the liquified marshmallows?

• Cybidon says:

Smooth and runny. Keep microwaving in short intervals (even after you’ve mixed the peanut butter in) and see if that helps.

8. Louise Leamen says:

Hi there
    I would so love the recipe for the rice krispies squares. If you could send me the recipe I would greatly appreciate it.
    Louise

9. [...] Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats by The Baking [...]

10. Katharine says:

Made these and they were a hit! I used a combo of butterscotch chips and chocolate chips in the top – yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

11. kristin says:

Do I need to refrigerate to harden the chocolate or just leave at room temp?

12. [...] Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats [...]

13. Sharon Cameron says:

Hi
    These look like I could eat them all, however am a bit stumped as to some of the ingredients.
    Can you advise a UK alternative for candy corn and butterfingers please?

14. Heather says:

OMG! I’m drooling!

15. These are amazing! The recipe worked perfectly (in fact, we’ve made it twice now!) Thank you so much for sharing!

16. Quinn says:

I know the problem that everyone is having with it hardening and I have a fix for you. Heat the marshmallows for 30 seconds, stir, then 15 seconds, stir, mix in the peanut butter. Have the PB ready to go because the candy corn will solidify within 15 seconds of being out of the microwave. Stir like a mad man with a spoon. When it starts to solidify, microwave for 30 seconds and stir again. Keep doing it until it’s all combined. Takes a bit.

Get the marshmallow and butter going and toss in the clump of PB/CC. Stir like crazy and keep stirring quickly in the pan.

I did this and it worked great. The CC is a pain to work with but needed for real butterfinger flavor.