01000011 01100001 01110000 00100111 01101110 00100000 01000011 01110010 01110101 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
You can eat cereal for breakfast, cereal for lunch, cereal for dinner. And now you can eat cereal in a cupcake! You can eat cupcakes for breakfast, cupcakes for lunch, cupcakes for dinner. And now you can eat cupcakes with cereal!
See how we’ve come full circle? It’s because cupcakes and cereal are basically the only two foods humans need to survive. According to my college friends, anyway.
These cupcakes bake up so beautifully. They taste just like Cap’n Crunch and look a lot like cornbread. Top them with sweetened condensed milk frosting and whole pieces of Cap’n Crunch and become the most popular person ever! Well, at least if you’re at a college party.
Or a college cafeteria.
2 cups + 1 tbsp cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups finely ground Cap’n Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
4. Add half of the cake flour mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in buttermilk, then add the remaining flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in ground Cap’n Crunch.
5. Fill baking cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting
from raspberri cupcakes
1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3-1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add sweetened condensed milk, mixing until completely combined. Pipe swirls onto the cupcakes, and use a spoon (heated under hot water) to flatten the center. Fill with whole pieces of Cap’n Crunch.