01001110 01110101 01110100 01100101 01101100 01101100 01100001 00100000 01000011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110011
I can’t be the only robot who thinks Valentine’s Day should be at the END of February. Like how Christmas is towards the end of December so you get a full month of celebrating! What’s this February 14 nonsense? Two weeks is all I get?
Not this year. This year, The Baking Robot is celebrating Valentine’s all month long. Partly because it’s my blog and I’ll bake whatever I want, but mostly because I love pink.
And hearts. And flowers. And happy people spending a lot of money.
So we’ll kick off the celebration with some Nutella cupcakes! There’s no better way to tell someone you love him or her or it than with Nutella. Trust me, they’ll get the message. And the frosting is pink AND cream cheese, so there’s several wins already.
I have to admit… I’ve been in a photography funk lately. I’ll blame it on the lack of natural light this time of year. So bear with me while I struggle through this dark (literally! haha! stop it, me!) time of weird angles and dark backgrounds. Let’s call it artsy!
Until I get my rojo back (like mojo, except I’m a robot) you can follow me on Instagram! Unless you don’t like photos of cats and candy. In that case, what is wrong with you??
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in Nutella.
3. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add half of this flour mixture to the Nutella mixture. Stir in milk, then add the remaining flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
4. Fill baking cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-23 minutes, rotating halfway through, or bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
adapted from Week of Menus
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
8 oz (1 package) cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries, pulverized to powder in food processor (I got my freeze-dried strawberries from Target)
1/2 tsp imitation strawberry extract
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined. Stir in powdered strawberries and strawberry extract.