01000011 01101000 01101111 01100011 01101111 01101100 01100101 01111001 00100000 01000100 01101001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01100100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101111 01101011 01101001 01100101 01110011
Being a robot is tough. It’s the little things that get to me. I heat up too quickly in the sun, so no matter how good I look in a bikini, there’s no sunbathing for me. I’m not allowed to apply for a driver’s license because the DMV thinks I’ll cheat on the written exam. I would give you a high five but my robot strength would probably break your arm.
Today’s been especially tough because I’ve got a batch of these cookies in my kitchen and I lack the capabilities to eat them. It would be heartbreaking, if I had a heart.
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter chips. I don’t know if it’s considered “scientific fact” but it’s definitely a baking fact (I don’t need to be human to tell you that much). The cookies brown on the bottom more than your average cookie, but that’s because of the brown sugar in the recipe. And that brown sugar gives the cookie a subtle butterscotch flavor. Hello, heaven. Oh, but then we take it even farther by dipping it in chocolate. It adds a final oomph to the cookie, and it looks classy and modern and like, maybe other humans won’t judge you for eating more than six.
And did I mention these are super soft? No? My bad.
These cookies are super soft!
My good friends at Chocoley have graciously provided The Baking Robot readers with a discount code! Enter the code BAKINGROBOT for 20% off your entire order PLUS a free gift! (This code expires June 26, 2014.) If you’re in the market for chocolate or candy making supplies, this is your one-stop shop. The quality is fantastic and the chocolate tastes amazing. It’s robot approved! And robots are notoriously finicky machines.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
makes about 2 dozen
slightly adapted from The Modern Baker
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10 tbsp (1-1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups peanut butter chips
1/2 cup Chocoley Dark Chocolate Dipping & Coating Formula
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or Silpat!).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and light brown sugar. Stir in vanilla extract and egg. Add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.
4. Roll cookie dough into balls. I like big, fat cookies, so I usually use about two tablespoons of dough per ball. Place on cookie sheet three inches apart.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are a darker brown on the bottom and the middles no longer look wet. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely.
6. Melt the Chocoley chocolate. I used the microwave, and melted the chocolate in thirty second intervals, stirring in between. Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate and let any excess chocolate drip off. Place on a piece of wax paper and let the chocolate harden completely. Enjoy!