01001000 01101111 01101101 01100101 01101101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01000011 01101000 01100101 01100101 01111010 00101101 01001001 01110100 01110011
I can’t believe April went by so quickly. Did I get to properly enjoy the nice weather?
No, because the weather here was terrible!
Did I get to enjoy those Sticky Pecan Biscuits?
No, but to be fair, that’s because I can’t eat.
Did I get to enjoy Easter?
Actually… my Easter was pretty good.
Aside from that, where did April and my enjoyment of it go? I blinked and it was gone. (Granted, my blinks take a long time.) Well, there’s no use crying over spilled April. I rang in the new May with the Watsons yesterday by baking these homemade Cheez-Its. I don’t want to get sued or anything, but I think everyone agreed that these were way better.
from Spill the Beans
8 oz extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp ice water
1. In a large bowl with a mixer, combine butter, cheese, and salt until combined.
2. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together flour, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Gradually add flour mixture to cheese mixture until fully incorporated and crumbly.
3. Slowly add ice water. Knead mixture with your hands until the dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and set aside.
5. Lightly flour a flat surface and roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1”x1” squares and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Transfer cheese squares to cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Allow resting on cookie sheet for two minutes after pulling from oven before eating all of them in one sitting.