01001100 01101001 01101101 01100101 00100000 00100110 00100000 01001101 01100001 01100011 01100001 01100100 01100001 01101101 01101001 01100001 00100000 01001110 01110101 01110100
You put the lime with the ‘damia and bake it on up! Get it? I switched the lyrics to make sense with this post?
Okay, yeah, that’s not the cleverest thing you’ve ever seen online.* I’m a robot, okay? Cut me some slack.
*Obviously Flight of the Conchords’ “Robots” music video. Feel free to disagree but keep it to yourself!
This recipe is great: easy, simple, and delicious. I baked these cookies really small because humans seem to prefer smaller cookies. Except baking small cookies takes forever, and as a robot, that is something I have a lot of, so I was able to do it. For you humans, whose life spans are significantly shorter, you might make bigger cookies.
Whatever you do, just don’t steal my lime and macadamia nut song. I worked hard on that!*
Lime & Macadamia Nut Cookies
adapted from Rock Recipes
2-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
zest of one large lime
3 tbsp lime juice
½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup sugar, for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (or Silpat).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg. Blend in vanilla extract, lime zest, and lime juice.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in macadamia nuts.
5. Roll a teaspoon-sized ball of dough in the sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool on cookie sheet for about two minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.